To build a website, there are four methods to choose from:
Get a professional designer to build the site for you:
It is expensive in creation process, site maintenance and development.
Designing the site with free website hosting:
In this case, just sign in the website that offers this service, and start building your own website.
Free Hosting Sites:
Disadvantages of this method (Free Web Hosting):
• Small size-Limited web page space
• Can’t create interactive features (message boards, online ordering, etc.)
• Advertisements-May have banners and/or pop ads on your homepage
• Long and hard to remember web address (instead of yourdomain.com)
• No branded email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Weak technical support-Poor help and support options
• May not be free forever
• No seriousness to the site
So it is better to choose a cheap Hosting sites with reasonable prices, you will get a better quality and a higher credibility.
Professional Web Hosting:
Design the site by a web page designer program (computer software) and use one of the hosting sites.
Web Page designer programs:
There is a lot of computer software available to help you build and manage your website, you may use one or more of them:
1. Microsoft FrontPage
2. Macromedia Dreamweaver/Fireworks Studio
3. Adobe GoLive/Adobe ImageStyler
4. Flash & Swish
FrontPage program is the famous and most important one.
Sites for Domain Name:
• Yahoo – yahoo.com
• GoDaddy – godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp
Sites For Web Hosting:
• Yahoo – yahoo.com
• Powweb – powweb.com
Because this method needs to learn a new program with the knowledge of HTML, so it is not our recommended method.
FOURTH METHOD: (recommended method)
Build the site with SiteBuilder and choose the Hosting package:
This method is the easiest and fastest way to create a website without any previous knowledge of web site building and without any HTML experience.
You can start right now and build your website immediately.
If you can point and click with a mouse, then you can build your own website right now!
Web Hosting with Site Builder:
Yahoo! SiteBuilder – webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php
The Yahoo! SiteBuilder (as an example) opens with a Welcome Screen that provides links to built-in tutorials titled “Getting Started with Yahoo! SiteBuilder”
The Getting Started Tutorial covers subjects like:
• How to Start a New Page
• How to Add Text
• How to create tables
• How to Place Images
• How to add links
• How to use templates
• How to publish and upload web pages
• and much more!
More Site Builders:
• Actnowdomains- actnowdomains.com
• EasyHost – easyhost.com
• Fasthosts – fasthosts.co.uk
• CoffeeCup- coffeecup.com/bigcup